I can’t wait to be in shape. Seriously. I mean, I know I’ve done everything to sabotage my success (not exercise, eat unhealthy foods, get little rest, etc.) but it still doesn’t take away from how freakin’ (yes, freakin’) excited I am about the prospect of being in shape again!
I found this list on my computer I wrote before some random diet back in the day. The problem with lists like these: I never look at them again. The trick is to look at this list every single morning, every time I’m tempted to falter and eat poorly or every time I’m not motivated to exercise. This list is chock-full of all the things I can’t wait to enjoy when I’m in shape again:
- I can’t wait to actually personify my sense of style (bohemian, beachy, edgy, classic, vintage).
- I can’t wait to buy clothes because I LIKE them, not because they fit!
- I can’t wait to be fit again.
- I can’t wait to feel beautiful again.
- I can’t wait to share clothes with friends!
- I can’t wait to discover a new found sense of confidence.
- I can’t wait for people to see what the “healthy me” looks like.
- I can’t wait to shock all the people who never thought I’d do it .
- I can’t wait to prove all the naysayers wrong. I can do this.
It’s Monday morning and my schedule today is jam-packed. I have articles to finish editing by midday, an interview with an author at 1 p.m., training at 3 p.m. and an event to run/host at 6:15 p.m. This isn’t a typical day for me, but my days are always packed with things to get done.
But from now on, my goal comes before all of this.
Today, I am starting the morning off right with a big glass of water, a bowl of steel-cut oats and a nice long walk. One day at a time, this list will become a reality.